Thursday, August 23, 2007

McKay's Big Day !!!!


Today was probably one of McKay's best or at least funnest days in a long time. He learned how to ride a bike, caught a snake and got to see his dad coach his first high school football game. He loved all of it! I was the most excited about riding a bike because then he can keep up with all the other kids a lot easier then riding his scooter. I think that I owe a big thanks to his cousin Jace, I used him a lot in the whole experience. I would say, "Jace can ride a two wheeler and he is not even going to kindergarten." Then he was all game to do it for a day or two, then he lost interest. So I thought up a new plan, I told him he could keep a pet craw dad (baby lobster) for one week if he would ride a two wheeler. It worked!!!!! His dad and him went outside and it took his dad maybe five steps behind him before he was yelling, "Let Go!" It was very exciting!!
McKay loved it ! We discovered that his helmet is to small! We will making a trip to the store soon. He probably will have a few crashes in the next few days.


I was mowing the lawn today and this little rascal went squirming by me. I sure do hate these little guys so I started screaming for Trent to come and catch it and so he did. McKay still has it tonight. K'Leigh thinks she wants to take it for show and tell tommorow but she is a lot like me. We will see tommorow. Other big news in McKay's life is he will start kindergarten on Monday and he got the teacher he wanted, Mrs. Brown. This sure does make me and him more excited about the big day!

1 comments:

Autumn said...

Good job Buddy! Jace is so excited to come ride 2 wheelers with you! Let Aunt Autumn know when you get rid of the lobster and the snake and maybe we will come visit!