Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Vacation

We decided to go on a little adventure to Las Vegas. Trent has been asked to be the D.A.R.E Police Officer and that requires him to go to a two week training class. They gave him a list about two pages long and we ended up in Vegas. Anyone that knows Trent can figure that one out, but it really was the one that works best with his Work and Football schedules (yes, football has already started!)
We decided after our rough start of a summer that we should just take the kids and RUN away.
They are very sheltered children we have found out.
We pulled into the EXCALIBUR parking lot and the big kids asked, "what are those cars for?"
I said they are TAXI'S. They thought that whole concept was very interesting.
We got settled into our Hotel room, got something to eat and then decided to go for a walk. We tried to go to MGM Grand and see the Lions, they were asleep. So we walked down a little and went to the M&M Factory and who knew that it had four floors. We went on all four and we loved each one. The kids wanted one of everything and it was hard to explain that we don't want to get our prizes on the first day, but they did awesome and just looked and said they would remember everything.
It was fun to watch and listen to the kids try to take in everything that they could see and hear. Me and Trent would just laugh and listen as there senses where on sensory overload.
I love my family SO much and am so gald that I get to spend some good family time with them:)
This is the kids in front of the M&M Factory

We got back to the room and showered and got to sleep. We have big plans of going to the pool as soon as it opens at nine a.m. It is suppose to be a HUGE HEAT WAVE this week, that is my poor whities luck. Thank goodness that I brought three bottles of 50+ sunblock, I know that over a certain number it is not suppose to be any better but with my girls and husband we take no chances. Needless to say we will be by water and have our sunscreen to reapply over and over and have LOTS of FUN!

A few funny things said in this trip so far that I don't ever want to forget!

  • We stopped in St.George. The kids said there butts were falling asleep and I wanted to check the sales at Old Navy for school clothes. I had already decided that we had plenty of back packs and that we would cut that cost this year. Trent reminded me that I have always said that they needed new shoes and a new back pack for school, so he thought that they needed them. I said we could talk about it later. Well K'Leigh found the absolute cutest one there at Old Navy and I told her that it was up to her dad, of course he says yes. Then we had McKay pick one and then told Hannah that she could have one and she said NO. Then we explained that she was going to PreSchool like the big kids and she put that back pack on and was SO excited:)
  • We were coming over the hill to come into Vegas and we told the kids to look and the older ones just were in Ahhh. They were so excited! Asking what everything was and which one was the EXCALIBUR that is the one we are staying in.
  • Hannah saw Vegas and said, "No it is closed, the door is shut and locked." The only thing we could think is that she was tired and grouchy????? So Trent told her that he had a key and she believed him and she was so excieted once we got her and she saw our "HOUSE!"
  • After we ate we were trying to go out of our Hotel and Trent was holding Hannah, I had K'Leighs hand and McKay was just walking we thought. He was temporarilly misplaced but we got all back together within seconds. That is why we decided to use the BUDDY system. We did get a few coments on the strip and a few looks, but we made it all back to the Hotel safely and that is all I care about.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are blogging again! Have a fun vacation!!

Noelle said...

Hey Tanya! You need to come go to 7 Peaks with us sometime. We try to go like once a week. I'm sorry to hear about your lymph node issues, but glad they're optimistic. If you're ever up and need a babysitter, bring them by! I'm pretty much always free :) Seriously, call me! 801-592-2243

Tweeb and Danyette said...

I love the new post! It looks like you guys are having a blast. I am jealous and wish I was there with you.

Tara said...

Sounds like a great vacation!! Sorry to hear about all of the scare with your lymph nodes...makes me wonder if it wasn't something going around. My little girl Brookie had the same thing happening at about the same time. One side of her neck kept swelling up huge with lumps. They had me scared spitless that she had lymphoma - We had to run CAT scans and tons of blood work a couple of times. It took aobut ten or twelve weeks for everything to get back to normal. They never found anything...now we just wait and see if it happens again. Weird! Hope your trip is a blast! You deserve a break!
Tara