Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A humbling experience- I thought I would share!

I am using this as my journal right now so please bear with me!

Today we had a very humbling experience.
A close friend of ours has a son that is three years old and was born with a weird case of dwarfism. About two months ago they went to Primary Children's Hospital to have a rib extending procedure. They took a whole lot of classes and training to be able to bring him home when he was ready. The time came and that was last week. They brought him home on complete life support.
(FYI- they also have a two year old daughter!)
Today the ambulance pager went off and Trent went on the call. Low and behold it was to their house. I instantly thought of the little girl. So I went up to the house and the little girl had went with grandma and grandpa early this morning.
So I was standing their but did not want to leave the mad house. I was trying to help where I could.
This is probably the saddest thing I have seen in along time.
He is still hanging on tonight, they life lighted him back to Primary's and he has Pneumonia.
Our Prayers are with Chief Harwood and his family in this time of need.

The reason I tell this story because I know that some days, okay everyday I take my family and my loved ones for granite. I truly love being the mother, wife and any other titles that I carry. I have always wanted to be a mom and wife.
My Children are the absolute joy of my life. K'Leigh and her free spirit. She makes our family so happy. She is difficult sometimes but that is when I say to myself I am only getting what I deserve. McKay has the most tender heart and is so loving. He is the one that keeps this family loving each other so much. Hannah is our little happy spirit. She is very demanding and keeps us on our toes, I would have it no other way.
I am so thankful for this experience I have had today to take time to reflect on my wonderful life. I am so blessed and thankful for the health and strength that my family is blessed with.
Love you all and thanks for letting me use this as my journal.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

This is so sad! I thought about this all day! I hope he recovers soon!! -You're a wonderful mother!!

Rochelle said...

This has me in tears. I think these moments are valuble so we can stand back and focus on all that we are blessed with and how quickly it can be taken. I am positive you are a great mother and if everyday you wake up striving to make this new day better than the last then your alright.