Saturday, May 8, 2010

I love my Hubby!

This is the story of our early Saturday, May 8th 2010.....
Trent had a obligation to the Republican Party to attend the State Convention at the Salt Palace.
We had many children activities so I decide to stay back and take care of the children. He decided to get up early and leave, so he woke up at 5:00 am and went and got some gas and headed out! The ambulance pager went off, this is not usually on. It said there has been a rollover accident 2 miles north of Salina. I knew it was Trent so I called him and he answered and said he was okay just hanging upside down like spiderman because he couldn't get the seat bealt off! I told him I would be there shortly... believe it or not I was calm and not crying at all! I wrote the sleeping babies a note and left the phone to have them call me if they awoke. I grabbed me and him coats and drove out still no tears. I arrived and parked a little ways back, and still a little dark and then the adreniline hit... I started running and I couldn't keep up with my feet and as soon as I arrived at the car I think my legs still wanted to run and I tried to stop and tripped and fell! The ambulance was shortly behind me and they saw me fall! I got a few scratches and hurt my shoulder that already hurts sometimes so no biggie!
The amazing thing is that my husband was standing outside the car talking to Dispatch on the phone! He is CRAZY and I have known this for 12 years but really? The ambulance crew took him into the ambulance and checked him out and he seemed to be okay! Then they made me get in and calm down because I was no longer calm and patient! I was shaking and kind of losing it! I called Brian Nielson our really good friend and he headed out to the scene and helped us all out! He also helped Trent find a ride up to the Convention! He said he was fine and that he had to go! I was a little unsure of it but I thought if he isn't driving then it should be okay! He went and texted a little later that he had a headache and felt a little banged up! Imagine that!
ALL in ALL I just am very THANKFUL that he is okay and I am very grateful for the Lord watching out for our little family!
Thank you to all Police officers, Ambulance Crew, people passing by that stopped to help, The Johnsohn towing crew and last but not least Brian Nielson for his willingness to come to our aide
I LOVE my hubby so very much and so grateful for all that he does for our family! What a day to reflect on the things that matter most!

This is the seatbealt he had to cut!
The Drivers back wheel that now has a broken axle!

The driver side! (close up)


Driver side! (far away)

The hood!
It is a MIRACLE!
Oh and I should also mention this is his parents car that we have been borrowing and only using on occasion... SO SORRY Mike and Linda we LOVE you!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Scary Tanya!!! I'm glad he is ok...that could have been bad!

Amy B. said...

Oh wow! So thankful he was wearing a seat belt. Im sure he always does. Whew!!

Short Haircuts said...

oops im searching for the kids haircuts and found the mega accident car images. If you want to over the accidents you need to drive carefully and fasten your seat belts.
check the latest kids haircuts for 2019
https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/kids-haircuts/